There's nothing better than the smell of a grill firing away at the end of a scorching summer day. This year, why not add some sizzle to your barbeque menu? Ditch the burgers and brats and give these spareribs a try! This delicious and unique recipe is sure to have the whole neighborhood drooling. Hope you like company!
- 4 lbs. lean pork spareribs
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup It's All About Bees! raw honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp. lemon peel, grated
- 2 tsp. ginger root, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 tsp. red chilies, crushed
- 1/2 tsp. ground sage
Directions:In the oven:
- Completely cover spareribs with water in a large pot or deep skillet. Bring to boil, uncovered, over medium heat. Simmer 4 minutes. Drain liquid, reserving it for stock for later use, if desired.
- Season both sides of spareribs with salt and pepper.
- Place spareribs on rack in roasting pan. Cover loosely with aluminum foil. Bake at 450° F. 15 minutes.
- Combine remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- Brush spareribs with honey mixture. Bake 1 hour longer or until fully cooked, brushing with honey mixture every 15 minutes.
On the Grill:
- Boil spareribs as described above, over medium heat. Simmer 4 minutes and drain liquid.
- Season both sides of spareribs with salt and pepper. Place spareribs on barbeque grill over hot coals. Cook approximately 30 minutes per side. Brush meat side generously with honey mixture twice during last 15 minutes of cooking time.